Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use this with any headphones? We cater to Bose products because of their quality and dominance in the market. However, our NFlight microphones will work with any noise-canceling headphones that have a 2.5mm wired audio input. They also work with with our adapter for headphones that have a 3.5mm wired audio input. This adapter is available on our website.
2. What does lifetime warranty mean? This means we will replace your NFlight microphone, even if the fault is obviously the result of abuse. For example, if you get the cable caught in your seat track and sever it, we will swap it for a new one. Click on the "Warranty" tab at the top of our webpage to read the full policy.
3. What is the difference between the NFlight Nomad Classic and the NFlight Nomad Pro? The main differences between the lightweight Classic and heftier Pro models are:
- Heavier cables with more durable over-molding (more robust for everyday use, such as for airline pilots)
- Auxiliary audio input for listening to music (cable included) or connecting to a bluetooth adapter (accessory available on our website)
- In-line dual volume control box (to adjust volume for each ear cup independently)
- Mono/stereo capability for pilots with stereo intercoms
Both units have identical microphone performance characteristics, and we offer the same warranty on both units.
4. Do you offer a TSO-certified version of the NFlight microphone? Yes! The NFlight Nomad TSO has all the same great features as the NFlight Nomad Pro with the addition of a TSO-approved David Clark microphone. The David Clark M7A microphone is certified to meet TSO-C58A, providing airline pilots who must fly with a TSO-approved microphone the ability to take advantage of the comfort and convenience of the NFlight Nomad. The only other difference from the Nomad Pro model is that the TSO mic is omni-directional.
5. How quickly will my NFlight microphone arrive? We ship everything as quickly as possible from our California warehouse via USPS Priority Mail. Orders usually ship within one business day, and Priority Mail usually takes 3-5 days to arrive most places in the contiguous United States. Hawaii and Alaska often add a day or two of transit time. International orders usually take two weeks, depending on your country's customs processing time.
6. Can I use the NFlight microphone in a helicopter or Airbus? Yes. Simply choose your connector from the drop-down menu on the product page. If your desired connector is not an available option, you can pair our twin-plug microphones with the appropriate adapter on our website.
7. Can I pair my Bose QC35 or QC45 to bluetooth audio while the NFlight microphone is plugged in? Unfortunately, Bose's wired audio input disables the bluetooth function. You can overcome this with a bluetooth adapter plugged into the in-line control box on our NFlight Nomad Pro. Please note that this allows you to listen to music via bluetooth, NOT make phone calls while your mic is plugged into the 2.5mm port on your headphones' ear cup.
8. Do you offer any discounts? Military personnel have access to a 10% discount located in the footer on our website.
9. Do you have retailers overseas? Yes! For customers within Europe, New Zealand, or Australia, you may wish to order from one of our overseas retailers instead. This can save you on shipping and customs. Here are their websites:
- Europe: thepilotshop.nl
- New Zealand: pilotshop.co.nz
- Australia: downunderpilotshop.com.au
Any other questions? Feel free to call or text us at 907-891-8607. Thanks!